[rescue] Indy question

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Fri Feb 22 09:42:14 CST 2002

>     George> What are you talking about?  I bought a new KB and Mouse
>     George> from a dealer to go with mine and they cost a whole $40.00
>
> the dealers are frequently out of indigo keyboards and mice, and
> $US40.00 is more than some whole machines cost.  it's certainly more
> than the ps/2 mice and keyboard for the newer sgi machines.  a used
> generic ps/2 mouse or keyboard could cost you all of say, 1 dollar.
> compared to that indigo mice and keyboard are expensive.

Yes, but on the other hand, who cares?
I'd rather spend $25 for the machine + $40 for the keyboard and mouse than
spend $200 for a machine and + $1 for a keyboard and mouse.

Or do they do math differently over there... ?

Heck, if you have lots of money to spend, then why would you be looking for
the cheapest sgi solution anyway?  The whole point of this question was to
find a *cheap* solution.