[rescue] Sun help please

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 22 05:11:09 CST 2002

Hi all. I picked up the Sun today. I thought I was going to pick up a
pizza box, what I got was a Sun built into a monitor. It is apparently
a Sparc 1, no keyboard or instructions.

At the back of the monitor are what appears to be an AUI port, a high
density 50 pin SCSI port, a (serial?) port marked "A/B", Sun sound
and keyboard ports.

It powers up, after 30s or so the CRT displays the following message:

	No keyboard.  Using input device ttya.
	Using output device ttya.

I've not tried connecting it to one of my PCs with a null modem cable
because I'm assuming that what appears to be a serial port on the
Sun requires a Y-splitter cable. If so where can I find out how to make
one ?

Details on back of case:

	Model: 4/20FM-8
	PN: 599-1772-02
	FRU PN: #570-1057
	System ID: 026G16633

I've not found anything on the Sun website, and Sun in Auckland,NZ
is closed for the weekend. Any information on this computer very
welcome.