[rescue] NCDWare for 19r-series?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Feb 22 01:02:53 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 01:02:06AM -0600, Dan Debertin wrote:
> Patrick Giagnocavo writes:
>  >
>  > Could it be a mis-match between the screen resolution that is expected
>  > and the actual screen resolution?
>
> That was it! Changed from 100dpi to 75dpi, and things are looking
> great.

Woohoo!  Glad to hear it.

(pumps fist in air, says "I haven't lost my touch!")

> Well, this is CDE, so we probably shouldn't call it "great". Maybe
> "horrible, but with readable text".

How about, "as good as CDE looks on anything else" :-)

> Strangely, dtlogin definitely wants 100dpi, whereas the session itself
> wants 75dpi.

Hey, it's CDE, it does stupid stuff.

I did some QA/tech support for the very first CDE implementation on
FreeBSD and Linux a long time ago.  Well, the first working one
anyways...

We got it working pretty well, even on our first release; but the
simple fact is that large swaths of the CDE source code needed to be
reviewed by someone who knew what he/she was doing.  Way too much junk
and grad-student level code.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net