[rescue] Personal Workstation 433a happiness

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri Feb 22 00:40:44 CST 2002

Chris Byrne wrote:

> Bjorn,
>
> There are two differences. 1 The A/U has a differnet firmware (yes it is
> flashable if you have the right revisions and the right images but I dont
> remember what those happed to be) and two the SCSI in the 433A isn't support
> by Tru64 while the one in the A/U is.

I know for sure that this is the a-series and it has a Qlogic ISP1040B
SCSI-card, which runs very well on Tru64. :-) I've seen rumours about
Adaptec-fited PW's, but Adaptec cards is not supported as boot devices,
from what I've read. (Strange, cause our new Alpha ES45's have Adaptec
cards)

The latest (and "correct") firmware 7.2 is:
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/digitalpw.html
...under AlphaBIOS.

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards