[rescue] NCDWare for 19r-series?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Feb 22 00:13:31 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 20:03:05 (-0600), Dan Debertin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] NCDWare for 19r-series?
>
> I have PCF fonts on my Sun (2.5.1) box. I can't seem to get the NCD to
> pull fonts from a fontserver, though. It tries NFS, TFTP, and gives
> up.

>From the command line of any host authorised to start X client apps type:

	xset fp= tcp/font.server.host:7100,built-ins

(adjust your hostname and port number to suit)

This will be saved in the config file like this:

	pref-font-path = {
		{ "tcp/font.server.host:7100" }
		{ "built-ins" }
	}

It should be pretty obvious how to add it via the setup client too, at
least once you've figured out how to use NCD's rather odd little GUI.
(it wasn't intuitive to me.  I learned a very long time ago and I still
have to re-learn every time I use the blasted thing, which isn't very
often, that's for sure!)

You can probably also set it by telneting to at least one of port 5997,
5979, 5997, or 5977.  The passwords and access lists may be blank for
the config daemons in the terminal.  I don't know the exact syntax for
entering those multi-line values like that though....

(BTW, you want to firewall those ports if you run NCD terminals!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods