[rescue] S-bus FDDI cards and NetBSD drivers, again.....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Feb 19 01:16:44 CST 2002

[ On Monday, February 18, 2002 at 22:43:10 (-0500), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] S-bus FDDI cards and NetBSD drivers, again.....
>
> I have a Crescendo FDDI sbus card here.  It has a fiber interface, but
> I don't know which connector it is.

That's a Cisco card.  (Cisco bought Crescendo, but rumour has it that
Interphase has the line now)  It's probably a SAS MIC connector.

This is the CDDI (copper) version:

	http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/sunshack/data/sunpix/sbuscddi.jpg

Does it have one one two-port fibre connector or two of them?

What's the big AMD chip -- it should be an AMD SuperNET model....

> I'd be happy to loan it out.  I'm pretty sure that it is a smart card though
> (at least, it has a chip labeled mc68340fe16b, which appears to be an
> embedded version of the 68010),

Yeah, it definitely has on-board SMT in firmware....

> so a driver for this card won't help me if
> I gave it away since I suspect that like the DEC cards, the driver wouldn't
> result in an implementation of SMT for the NetBSD kernel (if I thought it
> would result in an SMT implementation, I'd be happy to give the card away
> and just buy a new card once SMT is in NetBSD.

That one might be a bit harder to write a driver for in any case, even
if it does use the AMD SuperNET-III.

--
								Greg A. Woods