[rescue] threaded or linear reading? (appropriate subjects)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Feb 18 13:18:23 CST 2002

[ On Monday, February 18, 2002 at 09:18:11 (+0000), Paul Sladen wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] threaded or linear reading? (appropriate subjects)
>
> How many people read this list in a threaded way?  I read it linearly in
> Pine, and I don't know how I would manage to read it all, if it was
> displayed threaded?
>
> What do other people do?

I read all my e-mail (and write all my replies) in VM within Emacs.  It
has wonderful threading, filtering and such features.

First I kill all the threads irrelevant to me (by matching on subject),
(such as this one after this reply! ;-) and then I kill all the subjects
that have drifted off topic.  Then I read the rest, if there's any,
though usually in linear order because there are too few left to bother
pressing one key and waiting two seconds to thread them.  ;-)

(in other words if someone writes something they want me to read in a
thread that's drifted off topic you'd damn well better change the
subject line or I'll never see it -- not even if you send me a personal
copy because I usually kill the threads in my inbox before I read the
filtered list-only postings!)

So, either keep on topic or change the bloody subject headers!!!!!!!!

--
								Greg A. Woods