[rescue] SGI, MIPS, and IA-64

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Feb 15 18:25:03 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 03:39:26PM -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Actually it does not surprise me. It turns out that intel has had a huge
> talent drain. Friends that worked there quited in droves, seems it was one
> of the worst places to work! So most of the good people weere not involved
> in the Itanic disaster. However the only saving grace for intel is that
> they still dominate the whole process technology. So they can make pieces
> of turd go really fast.

Would you work in a company where Craig Barrett, CEO, says:

"The half-life of an engineer, software, hardware engineer is only a
few years.."

They have the cash to build fabs that (almost) no one else can.  That
is their strategic advantage.  Eventually though, good designs even on
outdated processes will kick their butts.

What process size is R10K produced on?

./patrick