[rescue] Grrr.... GTK+

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri Feb 15 11:49:46 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 08:52, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > > Now...  glib is already installed, in the right place.  Should I REALLY
> > > have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get a stupid test program to RUN?!?
>
> > Yes.  The test program will be using the same libraries that a "real"
> > program would be using.
>
> Ugh... so really I need to set up the default user profile to have
> a LD_LIBRARY_PATH that includes /usr/local.

Or do 'crle -u -l /usr/local'...  But, yes, that path needs to get added
to the paths that Solaris searches.

> Seems... unclean.  I was thinking that maybe Solaris had a mechanism
> that the gtk people didn't use because they were affected by LWS [1]

The crle solution is a bit cleaner, IMO.  The 'make install' stage for
gtk+ and glib should have printed lots of messages/warnings about
LD_CONFIG_PATH and /etc/ld.so.conf (which is a gnu libc thing).
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.