[rescue] Grrr.... GTK+

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Feb 15 10:52:13 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Now...  glib is already installed, in the right place.  Should I REALLY
> > have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get a stupid test program to RUN?!?

> Yes.  The test program will be using the same libraries that a "real"
> program would be using.

Ugh... so really I need to set up the default user profile to have
a LD_LIBRARY_PATH that includes /usr/local.

Seems... unclean.  I was thinking that maybe Solaris had a mechanism
that the gtk people didn't use because they were affected by LWS [1]

Okay.

--Kurt

[1] Linux Weenie Syndrome.  "Everybuddy runz Linux, right?" =) [2]
[2] I LIKE Linux.  I just don't like people who use tools like autoconf
    but still make non-portable software.