OT Re: PSU, was [rescue] ss2 under load

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Feb 14 23:53:27 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:37:59PM -0500
Brian Hechinger <wonko at arkham.ws> wrote:

> Penn State, circa 1990, VAX 11/750 running BSD, load average of between 100 and
> 150 depending on what part of the day it was.  it worked just as well then as
> when the load average was 2.  seriously.  slow, but consistantly slow.

so how many of you guys and gals are penn state alum?  i was there
around 95/98... i've seen a couple people mention it in posts... we may
have had classes together or shared terminals...crazy.  i prolly have
some pics online somewhere from back then...i didn't graduate..had a
lacrosse scholarship and the defensive coach physically threatened me
and roughed me up so i quit..and i was offense only.

if we ever met i was prolly introduced as "tex" being one of only about
3 or 4 people there from texas :)

it's a great school if anyone on here is in HS and looking for a good
place.  however, if I knew what I know now and wanted a CS degree and
were interested in security, i'd go to umich, purdue, cmu, or ideally,
mit.

"i hate work, work hates me" -pump'n ethyl