[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Feb 13 23:51:52 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 21:30:59 (-0500), Linc Fessenden wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!
>
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Big Endian wrote:
> >
> > I've found FreeBSD to Just Work (TM) better than NetBSD does on intel boxen.
>
> Really, in what capacity?

Anything with a high-end Adaptec SCSI host adapter (eg. AIC-7899 chip)
is going to work orders of magnitude "better" under FreeBSD than most
anything other OS.....  The NetBSD version of the same driver is based
on over YEAR-old code from FreeBSD, and it would seem the changelogs
alone in the intervening year are almost as long as the code itself!

(mind you I still run NetBSD on most everything else....  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods