[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Feb 13 20:31:34 CST 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 09:26 pm, you wrote:
> >  > What kind of box is it?  Freebsd works wonders on intel.
> >>
> >>  daniel
> >
> >So does NetBSD.  Smaller default footprint too.
>
> I've found FreeBSD to Just Work (TM) better than NetBSD does on intel
> boxen.

I've found that it depends on what kind of fupport you want.
FDDI, for example is much more easily supported under NetBSD. (the install
kernel is even FDDI aware), while FreeBSD requires that you compile a
pseudo-device into the kernel to get the device driver to work.

OTOH, The latest FreeBSD releases support the latest PeeCee hardware...

George