[rescue] Re: Re: FSCKing OpenBSD!

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Feb 13 21:55:15 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:

> If you visit an obscure website called google.com and type in "SMP in
> Freebsd vs SMP in Linux" you will find thousands of hits from both sides
> which agree that Linux SMP for the time being is better. Please note that I
> never once said anything about OpenBSD and NetBSD's SMP because i am not
> very experienced with them.

Well, if you visit an obscure website called
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2002-February/049500.html and read
it you will find that I didn't say anything about SMP in Linux. Please
note that I never once said anything about Linux because I didn't intend
to say anything about Linux.

To my knowledge, there is no release of OpenBSD or NetBSD that has SMP
support. If you wish to argue with any of the points I made, please do so.
If you wish to argue with me about something I didn't even refer to,
you're sadly confused.

> > Is there any chance that we'll ever eradicate the blind OS flamewars here?
> > They aren't doing anybody any good, really.
>
> No. Neither are people blasting others when they actually aren't sure
> of the facts themselves.

I was quite certain of all of the facts in my message. If you want to
dispute any of them, you should go back and read what I wrote, decide what
facts out of my message you disagree with, and then dispute them. If you
want to dispute the comments you added, root at localhost will be glad to
listen, I'm sure.

--Rob