[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Feb 13 21:49:01 CST 2002

> > package offered for OpenBSD 3.0 for Bind is BIND9.  all my stuff is in
> > BIND8, and besides, I
>
> Sigh.  George, I am a little disappointed in you.

Oh, My,  I am Sooooo Crushed.
Look, I can secure NetBSD just as well as OpenBSD.
This is just not something I wanted to spend a lot of time on.
However, I can spend less time securing this box than it would take me to
screw around with trying to get bind-8.3.2 to build on OpenBSD.

> > .gz and 'make clean' and start over (yes, the MD5 is OK).  Kernel panic.
> > : |
> You have bad RAM in your system or some other weirdness.
> I have built (from the OBSD3.0 CDROM + ports) BIND8, no problem.

nope, Tatung Compstation40.  works just fine under NetBSD.

> > Okay-fine.  I go to the net and download the latest and greatest BIND8
> > sources, Untar them, check the dependencies... ok there... set up the
> > environment, make links - make depend - make all - ... - Kernel Panic.
>
> It's your fault.  Not OpenBSD's.

If I hadn't compiled probably 500 or more applications, kernels and/or port
packages (in the last year alone) I might wonder, but no, I don't think so.

y'know, I'm pretty dumb, but I'm not that dumb.