[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 21:35:29 CST 2002

>SMP on FreeBSD 4.x is vastly inferior to most SMP implementations including
>Linux's, the difference between 'working' and 'working well' :)

Thats not been MY experience.  Compared directly to linux 2.4.x (both
above and below the VM change) I've had much higher performance,
stability, and responsiveness in my SMP freebsd machines than my SMP
linux machines.  Perhaps its more user space than kernel space but
I'm amazed going from two cpus under linux to one cpu on freebsd,
then AGAIN to two cpus under FreeBSD.

>  I was optimistic about SMPng in 5.0, but thats like a year away now at
>best.

9 months at this rate.

daniel