[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Feb 13 21:16:59 CST 2002

> although when i have three, my atlantis screensaver will kick all sorts of ass.
> now i need to learn GL and write the most obsessive, horsepower requiring,
> screensaver ever.  that sounds fun. ;)

If you've done any C at all, OpenGL is a piece-of-cake; it truly is a joy
to work with.  If you pair it up with GLUT, you can even have portable
code that'll run on non-X11 platforms.

I wrote a simple Lorenz attractor in OpenGL (now -that- makes for a neat
screen saver), and I don't think it took me more than a weekend--not bad
for my first real OpenGL toy.  OpenGL is just one of those great APIs that
does things the way you'd expect, and doesn't tend to get in your way.

--Jonathan