[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Feb 13 21:01:46 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:01:16PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> $400 for a dual p2-400.  Still under linux, no video card will really match
> an octane on any sort of budget, although nvidea is tolerable if you an stand
> crashes.

ok, and so i have for only a slight increase of cost, a machine that can
offer me better performance AND stability.  but i wasn't thinking that.  what
if i were to go out and get myself a swank PC to put on my desktop.  even
something with dual heads and good solid (maybe not blazing) speeds.  most
likely i will end up spend far more than i have on this Octane.  which was
sorta my point, i get a high geekpoints machine that rocks for PC prices.

it's about damn time.  :)

> > my problem is i have 3 SI cards, and at $300 a piece, TRAM gets expensive
> > quick.
>
> You only need a TRAM for each SI head on which you will be doing
> texturing.  If you can keep all your textured apps on one head, you only
> need to buy one TRAM.
>
>--Jonathan
>
> Aren't you allowed to add TRAM to only one card?  If so, that's what I probably
> would do.
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

oh, have no fear, this is exactly what i plan to do.  :)

i've got other places to spend my money though right now, but very soon i will
get at least one TRAM board.

although when i have three, my atlantis screensaver will kick all sorts of ass.
now i need to learn GL and write the most obsessive, horsepower requiring,
screensaver ever.  that sounds fun. ;)

-brian