[rescue] SGI Video - PC Monitor

Guy Yasko gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp
Tue Feb 12 09:38:39 CST 2002

    >> You need to make sure that the sync signal gets there.
    >> Indigo2s Sync On Green.  You also need to make sure it supports
    >> 1280x1024x60hz

    Joshua> I keep hearing that 1280x1024x60hz is a requirement.  I
    Joshua> thought that SGIs could be configured to work with several
    Joshua> refresh rates and resolutions.  I know that numerous SGIs
    Joshua> can be set to do 1024x768.  I think the Indy is one.  And
    Joshua> I know that some machines support different refresh rates.
    Joshua> For video editing 100hz is a common refresh rate.  For
    Joshua> film 72hz is common, although I expect that 96 probably
    Joshua> works just as well.

i can confirm that one.  it took me a while, but i finally got my indy
working with my lcd monitor at 1024x768.  looking at the display
manager on an indigo2, i see 1024x768 in there, so it looks like you
could have it set up to use 1024x768 on boot up.  1280x1064x60hz is
the default i think, and unless your monitor does that, you'll have to
set the video output remotely or go through a serial console.

ciao,

gy

Guy Yasko -- gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

Can I have an IMPULSE ITEM instead?