[rescue] And now for something completely different.

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 11 10:05:36 CST 2002

>  >>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Eisch <jeisch at boku.net> writes:
>
>     Jonathan> On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 02:03 PM, Dave McGuire
>     Jonathan> wrote:
>     >> Indeed, there's an OS/2 machine on every desk at every Bank of
>     >> America
>
>     Jonathan> Gosh, I've got a very bad case of SGI-lust.  I read that
>     Jonathan> line as "there's an O2 machine..."
>
>And on that tack: if one considers, say a Sparc 10 with an SM61 a
>useable machine, what's a minimum useable SGI? Would an Indigo2 with a
>200Mhz R4400 qualify?

*MORE* than qualify I would say.  I've used 150mhz I2s and I use an
R4.4k 150 Indy right now and they work *GREAT*,  A little slow on the
compiler compared to bigger machines but thats it.  Make sure you use
an official Netscape binary vs mozilla, the speed difference is
incredible.   I would go for it, especially if you get impact
graphics.

daniel