[rescue] More fun with Indigo2

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Mon Feb 11 01:24:57 CST 2002

On 11 Feb 2002, Guy Yasko wrote:

>     Robert> Hi all, I found memory for my Indigo2 (4x32MB), got it
>     Robert> hooked up, and I heard the boot chime... but nothing on
>     Robert> the monitor, stays in yellow-LED powersave mode. It's an
>     Robert> SGI monitor with the included cable, so I think it's
>     Robert> sync-on-green (hooked up my NEC 5FGe just to be sure this
>     Robert> wasn't an odd non-SOG video card, blank white screen
>     Robert> there), but I'm not sure what else to try. I've got a
>     Robert> standard PS/2 keyboard, no mouse yet

Make sure that the memory is full parity, and that is one of the sizes
supported by the machine (densities of up to 32MB per simm are supported
in earlier I2's). Also make sure you are installing 4 identical simms per
bank, otherways the I2 will not boot. And the 1st bank should be the one
furthest from the CPU module (i.e. by the edge of the motherboard).

the i2 doesn't care if there is no mouse installed.

Also yor monitor should support sync on green, and at least 1280x1024 at 60