[rescue] Booting from LOM?

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Sun Feb 10 17:29:13 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 03:21:58PM -0800, Barry Fujii wrote:
> is it possible to do this from a pc serial connection?
RS-232 is[0] RS-232 is [0] RS-232.
A break is a certain signal (low for a exceptional moment, don't
remember about details. Pulling the cable out sends a break :-D )

> out of sheer curiosity, is there a character code that can be used?

And that would then be a 'no' here as well. As far as serial lines are
concerned.

> On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 03:01:00PM -0800, Barry Fujii wrote:
> > yeah - I realize the LOM port is the console.
> > ok, stupid question - how do you send a break?
> > I tried stop-a from an ultra 5 - but that breaks the local system.
>
> Are you using tip?  ~#

In C-Kermit, ctrl-\ and then B (unless your command key has been rebound).

[0] "Something not quite unlike" perhaps, more realistically

--
   http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/sig/