[rescue] SGI Video to SVGA Monitor Adapter

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Feb 10 12:32:58 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 10:27:38AM -0800, Dan Canaan wrote:
> I hope to be able to get this machine to a prompt to see what is here.  No
> OS, but I can put 5.1 on there since I have that available.  I'm really
> curious about that optional video board.  The connectors are definately
> proprietary for a dongle of some sort, probably for SVHS and composite
> video sources.

You need a break out box.  They go on ebay once every other week or so it
seems.  I think all you need is the green galileo box, but I'm not
positive.  Look up the Lurkers Guide to SGI video on the web (might have
the exact title wrong, so play about with it in searching).

Also, the video board is pretty much inadequate for anything other than
direct to/from ram stuff without the cosmo compress board.  If you max the
ram on it though, you still should be able to get some use from it,
especially if you find yourself a frame acurate VCR to use, or write a proggy
to through out nearly identical frames from capturing overlapping passes.

--
Joshua D. Boyd