[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Feb 10 10:24:48 CST 2002

s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Steve Sandau wrote:
> >
> > > When I have to use a peecee, I love Gateway anykey keyboards. I've got
> >
> > What's *really* funny is hitting the "program" key once by accident,
> > then typing away... Keys get remapped all over. Almost as amusing as
> > "stty erase y" ;)
>
> Shouldn't be able to happen by accident. You have to Ctrl-Program to
> actually program a macro. Remap, on the other hand, doesn't need Ctrl,
> but isn't so easy to accidentally hit in the normal course of things.

Yeah, that's right; it was the remap key. Easy enough to fix (forgot the
magic keystroke combo to reset the whole thing), but really amusing
until you realized what you'd done. Had a couple of those at work
confuse the hell out of folks who weren't familiar with them...

> I love 'em, and $20 ain't bad. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I like 'em too, especially for games.
--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com