[rescue] Personal Progressions

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sun Feb 10 01:48:55 CST 2002

On 10 Feb 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> BTW, there were lots of OS/2 TV ads in 1994-5, when Warp 3 was released. But
> as soon as Win95 was released, IBM went very quiet.

That's when M$ started applying the pressure to make IBM choose, OS/2 or
Win95.  And IBM chose Win95.  Hard for them not to.

> I've always doubted their claims about being the world's most popular 32-bit
> OS, mind you...

It might have been true until Win95 was released (heck, debatably after 95
was released).

Of course... it probably depended on number of computers running the OS being
the metric...  Cause *nix boxen (and/or big iron) probably were more "popular"
user base wise, but generally you had many users for one machine =)

--Kurt