[rescue] window manager and keyboard

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Feb 8 22:01:02 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 12:03:56AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>That is exactly why I dislike the Windows keys. Unlike the command keys on Mac
>and Amiga keyboards, which are used for keyboard shortcuts, the Windows keys
>are bound to absolutely useless features such as the Start button or the popup
>menus. Shortcuts are instead addressed as always, using Ctrl and Alt. Alt is
>for alternate characters in my world, and Control is for telnet sessions and
>control characters.

I don't know what world you work in, but I find my windows keys to be quite
usefull.  For instance, in emacs, windows+left==alt+b, windows+right=alt+f,
etc.  Now, if only they had proper super and hyper icons on the keys rather
than that silly windows logo.

Emacs, it isn't just an editor, it is a religion (alt.religion.emacs).

--
Joshua D. Boyd