[rescue] Sun does it again, X86 servers...

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Fri Feb 8 20:44:00 CST 2002

Joshua Snyder skrev:

>http://www.sun.com/2002-0206/linux/

>The way I read that press release suggests to me that sun developed the
>"full implementation of Linux on a new line of general-purpose servers"
>in-house.  Anyone have more information on these new servers.  It was one
>thing for sun to sell Cobalt servers but it is quiet another thing when they
>are doing x86 in-house.   Wasn't the last time they did this ( sun i386 ) a
>big flop?  So, what do you guys think about this...

As tasteless as when Commodore made Wintel PCs instead of furthering their
own technologies.
Sun's got their own bloody UNIX, after all, why do they have to make i386
Linux servers, too? There are thirteen such developers a dozen anyway.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Alle Verallgemeinerungen sind gefdhrlich, sogar diese.
--- Alexandre Dumas der Dltere