[rescue] Personal Progressions

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 6 15:13:08 CST 2002

First video game console (used, lusted after, owned): Atari 2600, Coleco
Vision, Nintendo
First computer used: Commodore PET
First computer used seriously: Apple IIe
First computer owned: VFPC (clone) 8088 EGA XT dual 5.25" 360K's
First computer that I really got into: My high school's VAX
First Sun: Sparc LX + SS2 (obtained simultaneously)
First SPARC: Same as above
First SMP machine: Intel PR440FX 512MB RAM PPro 200 1MB Cache
Favorite machines owned: Tie (Powermac G3 B&W 400 w 21" Studio Display
dual 9GB LVD, DVD+Zip, 256 MB RAM) (Crimson below)
Biggest machine owned: SGI Crimson VGXT and SGI Power Series VGX R44k/150
Biggest machine used: Ultra Enterprise 10000 at the University of Delaware
Worst computer ever owned: My ex-wife's Fudge Packer Smell (Force 100)
P100
Most recalcitrant pieces of hardware owned: My old 486DX266 regarding
Solaris 2.5.1 (in 1994), and my Quadra 840AV regarding NetBSD 1.5.2.

Best out of box and overall experience: Mac OS X 10.1 on the above G3.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.