[rescue] Solaris 8 Differences

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Feb 5 15:15:19 CST 2002

Radford University had a Sunlab in the early 90's.  When you logged
in to the console (these weren't running xdm), the standard .profile
would ask you which window system you wanted to use.  The choices were
something like:

1. Openview
2. Sunview
3. X11R4 (twm)
4. command line

If you chose 4, it would bark something like "please use a terminal
for non GUI work" and log you out.

Of course there were only like 2 terminals in that room, and about
30 workstations (mostly SLC's, with some SS1+'s, sun3's).

KL