[rescue] Solaris 8 Differences

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 4 22:47:29 CST 2002

> On Monday 04 February 2002 05:53 pm, you wrote:
> > > Dumptrucks and 18 wheelers do not generally set speed records.
> >
> > No, but I know of a Dodge Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel that does the quarter
mile
> > in low 13s :)
> >
> with 8 yards of gravel in the bed?
>
> would it even *move* with 8 yards of gravel in the bed...?

I imagine, at 1150 lb-ft of torque it might move Providence, RI....

This a fully functional Ram 2500 that hauls 30+ ft-long horse trailers
regularly.

To be honest though, I don't think 8 cubic yards of gravel would fit in the
bed - though you can bet your ass that it'll haul that much weight behind it
with *zero* problems.

Kurt
(how much does 8 cubic yards of gravel weigh?)