6100 no video- (was Re: [rescue] OpenBSD)

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Mon Feb 4 18:57:33 CST 2002

[note: busy as hell with work.. over 40hrs just this weekend..weee]

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:52:11PM +0000
wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:
> Have you checked the lithium CMOS battery? The main symptom on my 6100 was that
> the screen would not come up on a cold boot. With futzing it would come up on a
> warm boot and, surprise, the date would be 1959 or some such. They're like 10 -
> 12 bucks at a Mac shop.

now that you say this i remember someone mentioning this to me a few
years ago when i first noticed it was dead.  I've never been able to get
ti to boot since, but the post noise, that mac sound clip, makes me
think it's still ok.  I'll pull the bat out and take it up to batteries
plus and see if that does the trick.

all this info is good stuff, i didn't know shite about this box.

^D