[rescue] audioio.h for Sol. 2.8

Michael Doyle gmike at cstone.net
Mon Feb 4 15:07:04 CST 2002

Hi all,

Since my machine is rather old (SS 20MP), thought I'd shoot this to the rescue
list.  What needs rescuing seems to be the file 'audioio.h', which seemingly
wasn't installed in this machine (didn't install the OS myself; please no
castigation - I've spent lots of time rescuing other machines: 2 NeXTs [cube &
slab], a SS IPC, and an SGI I2).  What package contains this header file, and
on which Sol. 2.8 CD is it?  I assume I just use pkgadd to install it?

This header is needed in compiling the audio_sun.c file of the mpg123 MP3
player.  Yup, I don't presently have a program that decodes an MP3, audio not
having been really high on the list of things to learn, but I've got a little
bit of time now.  What do y'all prefer for decoding, encoding, and playing
MP3's under Sol. 2.8?

Michael
Charlottesville, VA
E-Mail: Michael Doyle <gmike at cstone.net>