[rescue] Time Servers

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Sun Feb 3 19:03:15 CST 2002

On 3 Feb 2002 at 18:50, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> > I was attempting to add a PPS output to my Earthmate GPS as part of
> > my quest for a high stratum NTP server, but it appears that I broke
> > the freakin' thing in the process.  Grr.  I've still got plans to
> > put an Rb and a few OCXOs tickers together, but I wanted the GPS as
> > an absolute source as well.
>
>   I'd be interested in long-term collaboration on this...I've done
> lots of related hacking.

I've done some looking into this too. It looks like all you need is a
cheap GPS with NMEA serial output to get pretty darn accurate time,
down to about 10ms. This is fine for me, I don't know exactly what
you guys are trying to do and homework doesn't allow me to Google for
PPS right now.

http://www.gpsclock.com/gps/g5.html

Mike