[rescue] Re: Way OT: Never trust Best Buy.

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Feb 3 04:22:36 CST 2002

> I didn't search IBM.com - if you are lucky someone has written up a
> red book on AIX and FC and made it available.

ok, turns out these are not AIX utilities.  they are EMC utilities.

EMC doesn't even know about it's own utilities, which seem to be broken.
i'm rebooting the machines instead, since that seems to solve the problem,
and doesn't involve asking EMC any questions, which they can't seem to
answer anyway.

> How configurable is the switch itself?  Are there settings on the old
> switch that need to be transferred to the new one, like with a serial
> connection to the console?  Like for instance manageable ethernet
> switches that let you set up per-port config details.

no idea, although it seems to be fine, rebooting one of the machines proved
that the utility is fucked, so i'm rebooting the machines instead.

> > anything useful.  the monkeys at EMC have been of NO USE whatsoever.
> Your calls are taking them away from either

[snip]

that would be funnier if it wasn't 5:30 am and i didn't want to be asleep six
hours ago.

god dammit Domino takes a long time to shut down, at least it isn't running on
the other three machines.

-brian