[rescue] Re: Way OT: Never trust Best Buy.

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun Feb 3 03:30:40 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 04:16:07AM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> btw, i'd really like to go to bed myself, but no one seems to know anything
> about AIX in these parts.  any AIX weenies awake?  we had to replace the one
> Brocade FC switch since the admin port on it went belly up, and now they need
> me to run the atf_restore command, but a) it doesn't seem to be working and
> b) we don't know how to check anyway.  atfi gives useless information since i
> don't know how to grok what it's telling me.  please help, i'm tired!!!!!

Weird, the only info about atf_restore that I am able to find on
Google seems to indicate it is an NT command.

You might try the links that Google returns anyways.  One of the docs
says you have to wait a minute or more before it gets recognized.

I take it the docs you have are of the "doesn't make sense unless you
already know what is going on" kind.

./patrick