[rescue] SPARCstation 20

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Feb 2 11:21:25 CST 2002

> So then, does this mean that Photoshop/solaris actually used the hardware
> alpha chanel?  I got the impression that with the exception of some 3210
> accelerated plugins on the Mac that Photoshop never took advantage of hardware
> accleration features.

from what i remember, photoshop did indeed take advantage of the alpha channel
on the rasterflex.  i'll have to dig up some of the old marketing info i had
on the thing.

> Do they really require an m-bus slot?  That would be real pain since it
> means giving up the quad proc goodness.

why would they require an MBus slot?  they are dual width SBus cards, they
take two SBus slots.  maybe you are thinking of the dual CPU modules that
take up an SBus slot.

-brian