[rescue] SPARCstation 20

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Feb 2 11:22:12 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 08:25:16PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> the RasterFLEX is a fabulous card.  it's actually 32-bit.  it's got an 8-bit
> alpha channel.  great for photoshop work, but sadly they stopped making
> photoshop for solaris.  bastards.

So then, does this mean that Photoshop/solaris actually used the hardware
alpha chanel?  I got the impression that with the exception of some 3210
accelerated plugins on the Mac that Photoshop never took advantage of hardware
accleration features.

>AG10E is what you are thinking.  and speaking of which, i just picked up a box
>of 10 of them on ebay for real cheap.  i only need 2, and they only work with
>32-bit Solaris, so you can't use them on ultra machines.  they are also double
>width, so that is a pain in the ass if you want other cards.  if anyone is
>interested in these things mail me off list.

Do they really require an m-bus slot?  That would be real pain since it
means giving up the quad proc goodness.

--
Joshua D. Boyd