6100 no video- (was Re: [rescue] OpenBSD)

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Fri Feb 1 18:13:49 CST 2002

wlewis skrev:

>Have you checked the lithium CMOS battery? The main symptom on my 6100 was
>that  the screen would not come up on a cold boot. With futzing it would come
>up on a  warm boot and, surprise, the date would be 1959 or some such.
>They're like 10 -
>12 bucks at a Mac shop.

It's been some months since I last played with my 6100s (despicable machines;
ungodly slow on MacOS and won't run a BSD), but in a pinch, doesn't the old
"quick powercycle" trick work? That does it for my LCs, but I can't recall
how the 6100s did it.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Amiga 4000/040 25MHz/64MB/20GB RetinaBLTZ3/VLab/FastlaneZ3/Ariadne/Toccata