[rescue] SPARCstation 20

Nathaniel Grady nate at nutopia.org
Fri Feb 1 09:13:44 CST 2002

-- snip - what is usable sun desktop --

If you can survive solaris 2.6 there are a number of fairly cheep 24 bit cards that show up on ebay - the RasterFLEX-HR (what i currently have) is fast enough that the cpu can't feed it fast enough... Those Fujitsu AG-32's (or someting like that - my mind is fuzzy, they take an sbus and mbus slot...) sound nifty but I don't actually have one. I think my RasterFLEX-HR was well under $30 on ebay (well, it was supposed to be a -24, but the HR supports "higher resolution" so i didn't complain :)

'course I have a friend who swears by SGI's for desktop machines - do Mips CPU's have better interger units?

--Nate Grady