[rescue] miss me?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Aug 28 16:45:12 CDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Tim H. wrote:
> Well it isn't just disrupt, the guy that discovered it almost killed
> himself.  ~7 Hz is the resonant frequency of the cellular matrix of the
> soft tissues in the human body (brain, unimportant stuff like that)

It's also the resonant frequency of Sol III (Planet Earth).

> When subjected to that frequency at sufficient amplitude the cells just
> shake apart, turn liquid and flow out the nearest orifice.  7 Hz is
> pretty low, you can almost count that fast, and to make a noise like
> that at sufficient level to do damage you need a standing wave, so you
> pretty much have to be inside.  Outside is just to big to make it
> practical.  I have often wondered what would happen if someone created
> an explosive device designed to generate a 7Hz shock wave, sort of a
> quick roman candle type of device, only bigger, and with a lot more
> explosions.  I'll let someone else do the testing :-)

Would take two or more devices arranged as such to generate an
interferance wave from the blast.

> I did hear a frequency sweep once in a large auditorium, and as the
> frequency came down you could hear it hit the resonant frequency of
> different things in the room, the heaters, etc.  Then he got down to the
> resonant frequency of the air in the room (actually probably a multiple
> of it) and you couldn't hear anything.  It was like the entire room was
> breathing at once, it was a physical pressure more than a sound, and it
> basically swallowed every other audio vibration in the room.  It was
> extremely impressive, and didn't take much audio power to do it. Hmm,
> that reminds my I have never hooked my frequency generator to my
> stereo....

sweet. things_to_do++;

> Darn, I thought this thread moved to geeks.

Yeah, but you didn't. Geeks has been a lot lower activity in the last few
months than before.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"