[rescue] mmmm power

Harri Haataja yllapito at smilehouse.com
Thu Aug 15 18:05:56 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 05:50:50PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> >    Mmmm, great big balls.  Oh shit, that's a 9672!  Sridhar has one of
> > those, it almost killed me when it started rolling and pinned me
> > against the inside of the truck.  Sridhar has to move his own big
> > iron now!
>
> We've got a few Linux LPARs loaded on a Z47.  In a couple of months
> we're upgrading to a Freeway box.

IBM (and others actually) being what they are, could someone give a
ballpark figure of what getting an S/390 of any size generally costs?

As the heist video says, "we put it all on that one. It's gonna save
us a bundle." I was wondering what it would take to actually start
saving.

--
VMS has two commands, "set" and "help"
.. everything else is a command-line option.