[rescue] solaris telnet/ftp connection problems

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 21 23:12:50 CDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Kumar, Niraj wrote:

> yes, sendmail is also running...
> Yeah there was a recent IP address change for the machine. DNS is perhaps
> still not updated (I jst found out, i was in the habit of conecting using
> the IP address), the arp gives a wrong ip address for the machine name..
> Would it cause any problems?

That depends.  Are you trying to telnet to the machine name or the ip
address.  So long as you're trying to open services on the IP that is
bound to that network card, you should be fine.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)