[rescue] Those x11 cases

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 21 12:49:48 CDT 2002

On 21 Aug 2002, Paolo Nenzi wrote:

> 311 = An old SCSI-I for two device, very long and heavy...
>
> 611 = I think this is called UNIPACK...
>
> 911 = A little taller than an IPX...

Also,

411 = Like the IPC/IPX/LC/LX, only half as tall, holds a single device.

511 = Ancient SCSI-1 case that holds a single 5.25" full-height device.

711 = 6 disc or 12 disc SCA chassis, about the size of a small UPS.  It
      has a chassis lock on the left side.

811 = Same size as the IPC/IPX/LC/LX, comes in a closed-face (holds a
      5.25" fixed disc) or an open-face (hold an Exabyte 8mm tape drive)

There's a good reference here (but it omits the 311):
   http://www.obsolyte.com/sunFAQ/X11_case/

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)