[rescue] Those x11 cases

Paolo Nenzi p.nenzi at ieee.org
Wed Aug 21 12:39:32 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 19:05, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Folks-
>
> Could someone remind me which x11 case is which?  I know the 411, it's the
> same foorprint as an IPX/LX/Classic, and holds one device.  Available, like
> a good sandwich, in both open-face and closed-face versions.
>
> But what about the others?  Which x11 cases are which footprint, and hold
> how many devices, and of what sort?

My personal experience is with a

311 = An old SCSI-I for two device, very long and heavy. It can hold two
full size 5"1/4 scsi devices. It comes with  strange three row
connectors, I think an old SCSI connector.

411 = ...

611 = I think this is called UNIPACK, comes in two versions: open face
an closed face. Can hold 1 (SCA, I have seen only one with a SCA HD)
device. I has the same style of the "Aurora" case (sparstation 20).
If you look for the word "Unipack" on sun site, you will get a plenty of
info. It comes with two 68 pin scsi connectors and auto termination
logic.

911 = A little taller than an IPX, only closed face, can hold 4 SCSI-II
HD (3"1/2). It comes with 50 pin half pitch connectors.

Hope this helps,
Paolo

Paolo Nenzi
GnuPG public key available on keyservers
Key FingerPrint: FCC5 FDA4 4A31 EDE6 982D  AABE 6D48 9D3A 8FC0 A981