[rescue] Bunch of free/cheap stuff to sell/trade/give away [mostly Sun]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 21:15:20 CDT 2002

--- Rich Kulawiec <rsk at magpage.com> wrote:
> And finally, stuff I want to get my grubby little paws on:
In the timeless tradition of the Visa ads...

> Sparc 5 memory.

$9.50/32 Meg DIMM:

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2045903809)

> Sparc 5-compatible SCA drives 2G and up.

$14.99 for a 9 gig drive:

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2046163571)

> A decent 24-bit framebuffer for a Sparc 5.  (I have an S24.  But
> Solaris support for it appears to have stopped with Solaris 7,
> and none of the BSD/Linux distributions that I've checked support
> it.  And even under Solaris, performance is...well, sluggish.)

Priceless...

Well, more precisely, unobtanium ;^)

Affordable, 24-bit, and fast - pick *one*!

Lionel

=====
Lionel

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs