[rescue] Bunch of free/cheap stuff to sell/trade/give away [mostly Sun]

Rich Kulawiec rsk at magpage.com
Mon Aug 19 09:28:57 CDT 2002

I first offered this to the folks who responded to the free AIX stuff but
weren't first in line for it: unless I've missed somebody's mail (for which
I apologize) I don't think anybody wanted any of it.  (If I'm wrong
about that, please tell me and I'll make it right.)

This stuff kinda divides into things-I-would-happily-give-away
and things-I-would-like-to-get-a-few-bucks-or-something-I-need-for.
My goal isn't to profit big-time from this: it's to get stuff that I'm
not using out of the way, put it in the hands of people that can use it,
and maybe pick up 1 or 2 things that I need.

So here's the list, roughly divided into poorly-organized categories;
I'll try to NOT screw up my incoming mail this time. ;-)  Just let me
know what you and/or if you have anything I want (see list at end).

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk at magpage.com

Sun hardware and parts:
----------------------

Qty 3 SparcStation 2 with 64M installed memory (tested), floppy.
	All 3 have ID PROMS whose batteries have finally gone out, but I've
	seen lots of folks selling them and you can make your own if you like.
	One of these has a CG3 that works; the other has a GX that I think
	has fried itself.   There will be a fourth one in this set once
	I finish putting memory in it and testing that memory.  Probably
	not worth the cost of shipping.

Qty 2 Bagged sets of 64M memory for SS2, i.e. 16 4-M SIMMS.
	(This works in IPX's, too, doesn't it?)  I plugged these in and
	tested them 7/2001, then bagged them up for future use, then never
	used them.  Shippable.

Qty 2 Sparcstation 2 CPU chips.  (I upgraded two machines with Weiteks.)
	These were working when I pulled them (carefully) so they should
	be working now, but I haven't tested them.  Shippable.

Qty 3 standard-issue SUN424 disk drives.  Working: ran format over them
	weekend before last.  Just the drives.  Shippable, but might not
	be worth it.

Qty 1 Conner 3P3540 FH 500M drive and Qty 1 Maxtor 7213SR 200M drive.
	Working: ran format on these, too.  Shippable, but might not
	be worth it.

Qty 1 Sparc 10 speakerbox -- I don't have a way to test this.
	Shippable.

Qty 1 Sparc 2-style floppy caddy.  This is the little plastic piece that
	you screw the FD drive to and then slide into the machine.  It's
	similar to the caddies that the SCSI drives go in, but slightly
	different in size/shape.  Shippable.

Funky hardware:
----------------------

HP JetDirect J2552B (box says J2550B but this sure looks like a J2552B
	because it has the Appletalk connector); don't know if it works.
	Shippable.

Compaq Presario CDS720 with cheesy VGA monitor (no kbd), Windows 95?,
	500M drive, 32M memory; CD; modem (14.4?), working.  Probably
	too heavy to ship.  No network card (otherwise I'd be turning
	it into an OpenBSD firewall).

Dell VC5 laptop docking thingy: has monitor shelf; don't know if it works
	because I don't have a laptop to test it with.  Has various ports
	(parallel, serial, USB, etc.) on the back.  Don't have the AC->DC
	converter for it, though.  Sort of shippable.

Documentation
----------------------

Apple LaserWriter NT Owner's Guide

"Desktop Sparc" -- 3 volume set in slipcase, roughly SunOS 4.1.3 vintage

Sun SparcStation IPC Owner's Guide (1 book with the foldover cover)

Sun SparcStation IPX Owner's Guide (1 book with the foldover cover)

Sun SparcStation 1+ Owner's Guide (1 book with the foldover cover)

Sun Classic X-Terminal Owner's Guide (1 book with the foldover cover)

Sun Newsprint box set (docs) plus "Printer's Palette" CD

Digital Unix Installation Guide (from the mid-90's)

Sun Software
----------------------

Solaris 8 for Sparc box set - sealed

Solaris 2.5 Server for Sparc box set -- opened

Solaris 2.5 for Intel box set -- opened

Bunch of Sun/Cisco CDs:
Solaris 1.0->2.0 Migration CD
Sun Ultra Computing Demo CD set (4 CDs)
Sun Software Store for Sparc, volume 2 (SUNOS vintage)
Sun Catalyst CDWare Volume 4
Sun Catalyst CDWare Volume 5
Sun Catalyst CDWare Jan-Apr 1995
Sun Solutions CD Apr-Sep 1997
Qty 2 ShowMe Version 1.1
Sun CD Demo Disc #1 (SunOS -- first freebie CD from Sun?)
Various Cisco documentation CDs from recent years

And finally, stuff I want to get my grubby little paws on:
The appropriate 168-pin DIMM (5v, 60ns, 2k refresh, 64bit, EDO, I think)
	for an Apple PPC 6400/200.

SCSI-II drives 4G and up for my still-operating Sparc 2's.

Sparc 5 memory.

Sparc 5-compatible SCA drives 2G and up.

A decent 24-bit framebuffer for a Sparc 5.  (I have an S24.  But Solaris
support for it appears to have stopped with Solaris 7, and none of the
BSD/Linux distributions that I've checked support it.  And even under
Solaris, performance is...well, sluggish.)