[rescue] OT ( RE: Tubes)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 18 12:00:39 CDT 2002

[Yeah, this is offtopic and follow-ups should probably go
to geeks at ...]

> the delaying actions we've fought [since ~1994] gave the
> medical miracle boys time to develop this procedure, and
> get the cancer out while leaving me with a voice and normal
> swallowing.
Holy.  Crap.  Auggh.

> More than you wanted to know, I'll bet!
Sort of, but also both interesting and poignant--and I don't
mean interesting in a roadkill sort of way, but in a "there
but for the grace of $DEITY go I" sort of way.

Sheldon, I'm impressed--I'd like to think that I would have the
stick-to-it to stick through all that you've been through.  I
had no idea from previous listmail that you had any such condition.

Keep on keeping on, man, take care of yourself, and inspire us
with a speedy recovery.

As for me, I'm going to go outside, look at the sky, and be thankful
that I've been lucky enough to avoid hospital stays for almost 20
years now and never even broke a bone when I was a kid.

  --Rip