[rescue] Re: Sun E6000 followup

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Aug 15 05:51:29 CDT 2002

Hi Lads

I purchased the first E3000 tonight for 350USD (this includes sales tax and BP - 310USD without). It was the 3-way 250Mhz machine with 1GB and 6 x 2.1GB. I am negotiating for the Ultra Enterprise 2 systems, the Ultra 1 systems, and the remaining E3000 and E6000. I may be able to talk the vendor down to ~550USD on the E6000 (fingers crossed). I'm still keen to 'share the wealth' though and distribute machines with a group buy.

They also had a set of ten Sun Ray 1 terminals that sold for 27USD each - but I didn't buy any (as no k/b, smartcard, mouse, or monitors with any). Apparently the opportunity may come up to buy more in quantity - anyone interested?

Finally, anyone in Australia looking for a set of L2000 machines? I can supply up to four ex-demo 2-way or 3-way 360MHz systems with 1GB and 4 x 18GB/10k for around 5500AUD each. The systems are in Victoria. This is a commercial deal - contact me off-list if interested.

Regards,

Gavin