[rescue] Good day's grabs

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Aug 12 22:07:41 CDT 2002

> > Eric Dittman wrote:
> > > On most weekends my Latitude C810 will run continuously, active,
> > > all power saving features (except screen blanking) turned off,
> > > without any kind of overheating.
> >
> > My Inspiron 8000, similarly, runs nonstop with processor usage at
> > 100% (protein folding) with zero heat issues.  It has to fans that
> > pull air across the cpu heatsink, and seems to me to be a very good
> > design as laptop cases go.
>
> Inspiron 8100 w/15" UXGA screen is *very* *nice* - uhm, 1600x1200...

My Latitude C810 (same as the Inspiron 8100 except for the
BIOS and some plastics) has a 15" UXGA screen, too.

My original Inspiron 8000 was a 15" SXGA+.  When I built this
Latitude I went with the UXGA.

Speaking of the Latitude vs. Inspiron, I converted my I8000
to a C800 so I could use the Latitude docking stations.  The
Latitude docks have IR built-in, and the C-Dock and C-Dock II
have PCI slots (one on the C-Dock, two on the C-Dock II) and
SCSI.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net