[rescue] Good day's grabs

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 19:56:30 CDT 2002

--- "Tim H." <lists at pellucidar.net> wrote:
> have a friend with a Tadpole sparcbook, and he actually runs a PCMCIA
> blower to cool that one.

I think he tries too hard, I've run mine for *weeks* on a wood desktop
(proped up on the little feet), crunching SETI at home packets
(slow-but-steady... ;^) without any heat issues... Tadpole 3GX mine was
;^)

> The very fact that pcmcia blowers exist proves to me that companies
> aren't designing with my opinion of correct parameters, if the
> machine needs a blower, it should be built in.

Nit to pick - computer Mfg. don't sell blowers/feel they are needed -
accessory Mfg. sell blowers...

Think curb feelers - Chrysler doesn't sell them, J.C. Whitney does (I
assume - work with me!)... Don't blame Chrysler for designing cars that
need "curb feelers".

Just another perspective, opinions vary ;^)

Lionel

=====
Lionel
-------
"I sense a disturbance in my pants!" - Jimmy Neutron
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com